What are the chakras?
The chakras are energy points or centres in our bodies in and out of which energy flows. In Sanskrit chakra means wheel so you could imagine them to be spinning wheels or vortexes of energy. Just as you have memories stored in your brain, your chakras are mini data centres where everything that has happened to you is stored. Each centre houses specific experiences. How cool is that to have your own mini you library stored in areas of your body? I also believe that they hold keys to our future selves too.
Just as we have a physical body, chakras can be likened to our spiritual body. Each one acts like a window to the soul and will feed information back to you about the state of your health and life. The health and energetic vibration of each chakra is influenced by the energies that surround you and the energy you project from your thoughts and feelings. This shows up in how you feel and experience life.
The Sacral Chakra
This chakra is located two inches below the navel and is rooted in the spine. This is about your basic needs around sexuality, creativity, passion, intuition, and self-worth. This chakra is the first of the emotional chakras. It governs your sense of self-esteem and confidence in your creativity. When I think of this chakra, I also think of play and joy, this is where your inner child has the most fun. At this, chakra it is about emotions, feelings and your right to feel. When this chakra is in balance, it is easier to be in touch with your emotions and to more fully express your feelings in the world. Colour orange. Element water. The right to feel. Emotion – guilt. Endocrine gland – Pancreas. Spine – L3 to L5.
Connect with your sacral chakra through music, dance, creativity or pleasure. Find some time to listen to music that makes you want to simply sway with the rhythm. As you do this, you will find a natural balance.
Sit quietly before you write and connect with your feelings. Where are the moments that bring you a feeling of pleasure and gratitude? Focus on these, smile and then write.
- In what ways, are you always able to express your emotions? Think about the emotions that you feel right now and describe them.
- Think about the connections that you have with others (not family), how can you strengthen these bonds?
- When guilt comes up to bite you on the bum, in what areas of your life does it show up and why? What can you learn from this? What happens when you look at guilt from a different perspective?
- In what ways do you honour your sexuality and sensuality?
- When it comes to intimacy, in what ways do you respect your needs?
- How can you bring more creativity into your life?
I fully love, honour and respect my emotions
Take a look at my range of chakra journaling books